I made a GOAL to start writing songs all of June 2022.
Maybe that is a weird goal, but I felt a strong desire to do this. So on June 7th (last day of teaching music to elementary students) I composed a song. Using staff paper I wrote the chords and melody for a verse, chorus, and bridge.
With the song structure in my mind, I played through the entire song in a single take. This happened on June 10th. Then I followed the following steps:
- re-record each section for greater accuracy
- add lead melody using a vocal synth (Mimi Page – legato)
- add bass line (Scarbee Bass – clean)
- add guitars (strummed and lead melody)
- add FX to guitars and vox
- balance and mix – all very quick
- export to Mp3
- post to website
The next morning, June 11 (today), I created a video and posted that to YouTube, Facebook, and GoldbergerMusic.com (this website).
Now for Song #2….